WIGWAM INDEPENDENT is and has always been committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information and:-
- We will also use the information to help us understand you better and so that we can support your requirements.
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
- If you tell us, you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them. We will, of course, continue to send essential information relating to a product or service you have purchased to keep you informed about your sale, purchase or rental situation.
- We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
If you have further questions please get in touch with us by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Wigwam Independent Ltd, 48 High Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5LA.
Any provider of services such as a mortgage adviser, solicitor, electrician or other contractor will separately be a “data controller”. You can access the privacy policies of those providers from them directly.
Personal information means details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, your telephone numbers and sale or purchase history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications.
We take great care to protect the personal information you provide to us.
To make sure your access to our websites, other online services, and mobile applications is secure, you should not share your log in details with anyone else. When you finish using the website, online services or mobile app you should log out if others may be able to access your computer or device. This is especially important if you are using a publicly accessible computer.
Also remember there is an Internet fraud practice known as ‘phishing’ which is the illegal gathering of personal information by deception. Unsolicited e-mails are sent to individuals from lists illegally gathered by a third party, and recipients are asked to enter or reconfirm bank or password details into a 'cloned' or illegal copy website.
We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), including when you sell, purchase or rent through us, when you use our website or mobile applications, or interact with us via e-mail or use our telephone services.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Companies contracted by us to provide services to you.
- Companies involved in your sale, purchase and rental plans.
- Companies who provide details to us under privacy polices providing information to be shared with Wigwam Independent.
When you use our services, you will need to provide us with your personal details or the details of those individual(s) who will be involved.
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Information you provide for Wigwam to complete and manage a sale, purchase or rental you have made with us or a service you have requested from us.
- Information collected during your registering process with us.
- Information about your financial arrangements.
- Information about the services we have provided to you in the past.
- Information about online registration and other interactions.
- Information about your use of our websites, offices and mobile applications.
- Information about your device and your location if you have been browsing on wigwamindependent.com or using our mobile application, for example your IP address or unique device ID. (An IP address (i.e. Internet Protocol address) is a numeric code that can act as a unique identifier for your computer or other device – this can be turned off from your device).
Certain categories of personal information, such as that about race, ethnicity, religion, health, sexuality or biometric information are special categories of data requiring additional protection under European Union and UK data protection law and is referred to here as “sensitive personal data”. We do not collect or process such sensitive personal data although we do record the information that is stated on your individual passport where this is used by you to confirm your identity.
In addition, you may have requested services which is not in itself “sensitive data” but may imply or suggest your religion, health or other information.
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- To fulfil your sales, purchase or rental arrangements and deliver the services you require.
- To keep you informed with updates and service communications.
- To keep track of your progress when selling, purchasing or renting before completion.
- To meet certain legal and regulatory requirements which apply to selling, purchasing and renting of properties.
- To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- To carry out analysis and market research.
- To carry out marketing including online advertising and keep you informed of Wigwam products and services.
- To undertake targeted online advertising.
- To send you status updates and service communications.
- To improve our websites, products and services.
- For management and administrative purposes.
When we have your permission, we will send you marketing communications from Wigwam. We do sometimes send marketing communications that include a business partners’ products and services related to the work we are undertaking for you, as well as our own.
We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and how these are sent.
If you decide you would no longer like to be sent marketing communications, you can change your mind at any time. The ways to stop being sent marketing communications are described below:
Each marketing communication we send by email will also have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop you receiving further marketing emails. You may also stop any further text messages by replying with the word “STOP”. We aim to action requests to stop being sent marketing communications within 10 working days of receiving those requests, but it is possible you will receive some marketing in the period prior to that change being made.
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications (as described above) which are necessary, for example, to confirm your sale, purchase or rental or to provide you with an update on the position. If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications, please note we will retain your personal information for the purposes of indicating that you do not want to receive marketing communications.
Wigwam will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons that we collected and the need to use your information.
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases make it anonymous, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained. If you stop interacting with us as a customer, we will remove or make anonymous your information after 7 years.
Under the UK Data Protection Act 1998, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by Wigwam Independent Ltd. There is usually no fee for this request. *
To do this you will need to complete of SAR form. Please contact; The Data Protection Officer, Wigwam Independent Ltd, 48 High Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5LA. Or email; firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the form.
The form will ask some of the following information:
- Your name and postal address.
- Details of your request.
- Any details which may help us locate the information which is the subject of your request, for example:
- Previous address and dates.
- Previous Telephone numbers used to contact us.
You must also provide:
- A photocopy of your passport or driving licence, so that we can verify your identity.
- Your signature and the date of the request.
- If you are applying on behalf of another person then signed authority from the individual is required.
Please send your request to:
Data Protection Officer
Wigwam Independent Ltd
48 High Street
Under data protection laws in the European Union and the UK, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information. Responses to exercise your rights will be provided within one month and generally there is no fee for making these requests. If your request is particularly complicated we may extend the deadline for responding to three months, but we will let you know if this is the case.
We will handle all requests in accordance with applicable law. However, depending on the right you wish to exercise, and the nature of the personal information involved, there may be legal reasons why we cannot grant your request. Further explanation of those rights and the exceptions to them are set out below.
We work hard to handle your information responsibly. If you are unhappy about the way we do this, please contact Wigwam Independent Data Protection Officer who will address your concerns.
We hope that we will be able to resolve any concerns you may have.
However, you have a right to complain to the UK’s Supervisory Authority for data protection, the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
*On some occasions it maybe necessary to charge a fee, we will inform you if this is the case on receipt of your complete SAR form.